Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I live for weekends!

My weekend was filled with lots of driving, visiting, and baby-related activities.  I basically did a tour of southwestern PA.  Honestly, I don't really like driving.  Eric pretty much drives everywhere we go.  I will admit though, that it was sunny, I had some old cds to jam to, and I was excited for all my visits, so I didn't really mind.  Sunday around 4, when I was about 25 miles from home, is when it hit me, that feeling of "I can't WAIT to get out of this car".

Started off with a baby shower for my best friend from college.  She is high risk, so the fact that she is feeling good and the baby is developing right on schedule is such a relief, so everything surrounding the shower was just full of joy.  I am so thrilled for them to be having their first child.

Next I visited one of my best friends from high school.  We had a low-key dinner on the back deck, of pasta and homemade meatballs (she and her husband are both italian, so it was amazing), followed by a rousing game of mini-golf, frozen custard (yum) and a movie while curled up on the couch with a bowl of popcorn.  Such a great hostess she was, with a little basket in my room with any essentials I might need during my one-night stay.  I like to think I'm a good hostess when I put out a matching towel and washcloth for my guests.  Guess I have some work to do in that department!


After that I stopped off at my brother's to visit my new baby nephew.  At about 10 days old, he was pretty much just sleeping and eating, but he is so so precious.  He loves to touch his face, and I somehow managed to snag a shot of him making a classic Home Alone face.

My sister-in-law is feeling pretty good, and they are adjusting to life with a newborn.  They seem to be fairly well-rested, although they may beg to differ with that observation.


I would say there is nothing better than a weekend of sunshine, good friends, and new life, but Eric and I were not together.  So the only thing that COULD have made it better, was his company.
Now its back to the grind, but also making a list of house projects and deciding which to work on this weekend.  I think it will be.....painting the trim in the bathroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment