Friday, July 8, 2011

Congratulations

So I started my morning with a trip to the dentist.  My entire life, I have feared and dreaded every single trip to the dentist.  This morning was no different, but then my awesome hygenist put me at ease and the Dr. said I had no problems and my teeth were beautiful!  YAY!  What a great compliment.

After 2 years, it was my first time meeting this particular doctor, as I always end up getting the other one at the time I'm in there.  He is an older man, very sweet, and kindly asked how my summer is and if I went or plan to go on any trips.  I mentioned our recent anniversary trip to Niagara Falls (which was amazing, it is a truly majestic experience).  
He then asked me how many years we celebrated, to which I answered "2" and he said "Congratulations".  While making it through the first 2 years of marriage isn't exactly rocket science, many people say the first year is the toughest.  We thought it was basically a walk in the park, and for that, I feel very fortunate.

It made me think how I can't wait for the day that I can answer that question with "25" or "40".  I do realize that by then we will have had quite a few years that won't be described as a walk in the park, however, we will also have years and years of happy memories.  Hopefully, by then, we will also have children and grandchildren :)

Eric is a wonderful man, who I am SO lucky to have found!  He is a manly man who loves to take care of me, do the dirty chores like taking out the trash and scooping the litter box, grills like a champ, and just loves to make me happy, which he does :)   Oh yea, he also graciously tolerates my occasional bad moods, and rolls his eyes and smiles when I act like a princess, rather than bringing me immediately back to reality.

Here are 2 of my favorite photos from our wedding day:
The first is a great display of where we got married.  In the woods, basically in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by the beauty of nature.

The second is us during our first dance as husband and wife, laughing and enjoying every second of that 2 minute dance, where all we focused on was each other.  No more worries of flowers, and dresses, and vendors, and potential rain.  Just the feeling of "Right now starts forever, let's have a blast".

No comments:

Post a Comment