Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Its a BIIIIIIIG WEEK!

Wanna know why?

Because one of my FAVORITE little boys turns 1 this week, my nephew Logan!

Now, his parents might be thinking "wow, we made it through an entire year of late-night feedings, crying, diaper changes, dr appts, and a whole bunch of first-time-parent-scariness", but it is CRAZY to think that it has almost been 365 days of giggles and snuggling and smelling his soft baby skin.

Although we live a few hours apart and don't get to see him all the time, Eric and I have had the pleasure of seeing him often enough to see the stages of eating: only taking a bottle, to eating pureed babyfood, to eating real people food (although it didn't go very well when I tried to feed him cut up grapes for 10 straight minutes and every single time he spit them out and had a look on his face like I just tried to feed him dirt).

We also saw the stages of strength and mobility: holding his head up, sitting up on his own, standing with the help of his good buddy Mr. CoffeeTable, crawling and rolling. 

When we visit, we usually spend the night on an air mattress in the living room, and when he wakes up in the morning, he gets to join us in bed for some morning snuggle time.  (Ok, so I try to snuggle and he tries to crawl around because he's awake and raring to go, but SOMETIMES we are lucky enough to get him while he's still a little tired and then he's down for a few minutes of cuddling with Aunt Kris and Uncle E).

So, obviously, it was time recently to think of "What should we get this awesome 12-month-old that he will TOTALLY love?".  Not always an easy task for those of us who do not have our own children.

I turned to Amazon for their super convenient shipping and the ever-trusty TAGGIES!  Incase his mom is reading this post before the package arrives, I won't disclose which one I selected, but hopefully he loves it.
And, since I am a reader and book-lover, I figured it was time to beef up his library as well.  If you go with a number of toys or clothes, they can become overwhelming, but nobody can ever have too many books!  (Or so I think).

No comments:

Post a Comment