Monday, August 20, 2012

Through the eyes of a child

What a great weekend!

Friday night we checked out the Bellefonte Arts and Crafts Fair and ate some Scott's Roasting bbq sammies for dinner....holy crap were they good.

Then we wandered around and bought some Mocha Syrup from a coffee maker, can't WAIT to put that stuff on some ice cream.

On our way to the car, I stopped at 1 final vendor to checkout their gourd birdhouses, and I found these AMAZING vintage rose rings.  I bought 3 :)  Better yet....THEY WERE ONLY $2.  Go ahead. Be jealous.

Saturday came the best part of the weekend.  We went to my brother's house to babysit our nephew for the evening while they were at a wedding.  He is a little over 13 months at this point, walking all over the place like a crazy man and jabbering constantly.  He isn't really making actual words yet (however, I think he has "move" down pretty well when he wants to get through and Uncle E's feet are in the way).

Every time he walked my way and reached up for me to get him, my heart melted just a little.

Life is THRILLING through the eyes of a child, and for the evening I felt that way too.  When we played, every single toy seemed like he had never seen it before.  Dinner time was an adventure.  Playing outside, riding in his new wagon was THE. MOST. EXCITING. THING. EVER.

He was smiling the entire time, as were we in seeing how much he enjoyed it. 

We also discovered that guitar playing is captivating to a 1-year-old.  Uncle E is a star according to this little boy*

Wish we lived close enough to babysit more, but we did get a solid 8 hours, and I must say, we did pretty darn great!


No comments:

Post a Comment