Monday, July 2, 2012

Spray paint makes everything better

So months and months ago, I said "we're painting the hallway", then "we didn't start yet", next "we purchased the paint". 

Well, we DID paint the hallway shortly after that, and apparently I never got around to sharing the pics (how does this happen?).

No, we did not spray paint the hallway.

HOWEVER, after the hallway was painted a lovely shade of grey (which I will share in full at some point, of nice angled views of the completed project with frames hung and all), I decided this door bell cover needed a SERIOUS face lift.  YUCK

As if the crack in the front of this thing, and the AWFUL shade of yellow were not bad enough, then there were shiny gold "accents", and coming from a girl who LOVES gaudy and over the top, you KNOW it must be bad.

So, my solution?  rip it off the wall, get rid of that gold, and bust out the spray paint!

It is now a running joke between Eric and I that everytime I want to change something he says "Let me guess, we should spray paint it?".  But honestly, how much better is it now?!?!  The crack is hardly noticeable (replacing this cover is not easy...we tried), and it looks so crisp and clean now.

No comments:

Post a Comment