Tuesday, January 8, 2013

These are a few of my favorite things...

This Christmas was filled with family, and that was my absolute favorite thing!

Aside from the good quality time that we got to spend visiting and catching up, here are a few of my favorite gifts I received.

1) One of my favorite songs for Christmas goes a little something like this...."IIIIIIIIIIIII want a hippopotamus for Christmas, oooonly a hippopotamus will doooooo", and this year I GOT A HIPPOPOTAMUS!!!  My husband did good this year :)  With a little help from my friend Sarah who ran into this little guy and gave Eric the heads up on where to find him.

2)  I love shoes.  Shoes shoes shoes.  Any season, many styles, I am a sucker for shoes.  My family knows it too.  These are from my mom, mother in law and sister in law.  My feet really love Christmas :)


You can see here 2 pairs of TOMS (most comfortable shoes ever), Sheplers cowboy boots (amazing), nude patent leather heels that I have been needing (Payless), mocassins (American Eagle), and some rand-o brand of fake Uggs (my favorite kind of winter boot, I like to call them Fuggs).

3) I love anything that is embellished.  Big jewelry, anything with a crazy pattern or added bling, you get the point.  Eric and I were strolling through the mall to finish up our shopping on early December and I saw a small kiosk with all these pretty ear warmers and said "hey if anyone needs an idea of something to get me, tell them about these".  He never did end up doing that, but low and behold I opened up a package at my parents house and BADA BING!   Thanks Mom!  P.S., my mom is one of THE BEST gift-givers in the history of the world.  She is also responsible for the pink cowGIRL boots seen above, and those were also a surprise that I knew nothing about!

No comments:

Post a Comment