Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Chambray?

Getting ready for work Friday morning (it has gotten pretty chilly here in PA) and figured I needed long sleeves and pants, but nothing too heavy.

I decided to go with this "chambray" shirt.  Now, as of Friday, I thought chambray was just a denim-looking article that was actually cotton and much softer and lighter-weight than denim.  Since then, I have come to learn that it actually has quite a bit more white than what this shirt is, but I'll still refer to it as my chambray shirt.

Since I work in an office setting and visit with customers, I can't look casual, but on Fridays I sometimes dress down a bit more.  So I say to Eric in the morning (as he's still in bed) "Hey, do the pearls negate the casual feel of this chambray shirt?"

His response, a groggy one at that, "I don't even know what those words mean".  Then he got up and walked around the house asking me how my "shmoshmorshin" outfit was treating me for the next 10 minutes until I walked out the door.

People always say to be "Oh, to be a fly on the wall in your house", and now I know why....

No comments:

Post a Comment